Aqua, Aloe barbadensis leaf juice, Cocamidopropyl betaine, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Glycerin, Disodium cocoamphodiacetate, Avocado oil glycereth-8 esters, Coconut oil glycereth-8 esters, Olive oil glycereth-8 esters, Codium fragile extract, Pichia ferment lysate filtrate, Bisabolol, Glycol distearate, Lactic acid, , PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium chloride, Sodium benzoate, Xanthan gum, Steareth-4, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, CI 42090, Coumarin, Parfum .
A line of cosmetic products dedicated to patients undergoing ketogenic nutritional therapy, able to prevent, thanks to a pool of innovative and balanced ingredients, any problems related to the restrictive diet.
The line is composed of:
- Restructuring Shampoo
- Moisturizing Face Cleanser
- Hydra Beauty Nourishing Face Cream
- Moisturizing Body Cleanse
- Daily Intimate Cleanser
The products of the cosmetic line KIROS COSMETICS, designed for all skin types and in particular for delicate and sensitive skin, support the defensive function of the skin and its cells especially during restrictive diets such as ketogenic diets and in particular during the Holoprotein Diet and LOGI Diet.
Formulated for the treatment and cleansing of skin, hair and external mucous membranes, thanks to the synergy between highly functional vegetable oils and an innovative fermented yeast extract, promote the rebalancing of the hydrolipidic skin film, enhance the protective function of the skin microbiome, reduce inflammation and irritation caused by external agents, improve the subcutaneous tone and promote microcirculation.
Main objectives of the dermocosmetic intervention are:
- the reduction of dryness of the skin of the face, body and intimate parts. This objective is pursued by adopting a selective cleansing, which does not remove with the washing the components of the hydro-lipid film of the skin, providing at the same time functional substances that preserve the integrity of the skin;
- the implementation of the production of subcutaneous collagen;
- the functional maintenance of the microcirculation, preventing hair loss and stretch marks through the correct trophism of skin and scalp;
- the prevention of skin aging.
Reconstruction of the complete Pattern of fatty acids and protection of the cutaneous Microbiota
All the products of the line contain Coconut and Avocado Oil, Fermented Extract of Pichia Pastoris:
to protect and reconstitute the skin’s natural lipid layer during restrictive and ketogenic diets or in case of particularly sensitive and delicate dry skin, especially after menopause or andropause.
Avocado Oil. It is a rich source of long chain unsaturated fatty acids such as oleic, linoleic and palmitic, excellent ingredients to moisturize the skin and improve skin permeability, for their emollient, protective and regenerating action1. Avocado oil contains vitamin E, potassium, lecithin and phytosterols that are able to nourish and rejuvenate stressed skin and a furan lipid fraction that, when tested on human skin fibroblasts, has been demonstrated to stimulate TGF-β synthesis and significantly and specifically increased collagen synthesis2,3.
Coconut oil. contains medium-chain (MCT: lauric, 50% and myristic, 20%) and short-chain (caprylic and caprinic) saturated fatty acids with high affinity for hair proteins. The low molecular weight of the pattern of fatty acids and their linear chain are unique characteristics that allow them to penetrate inside the hair shaft, perform revitalizing action providing essential nourishment for dry and damaged hair. Has high cleansing action that protects the skin by forming a thin film. Helps protect against UV rays of the sun4.
The mixture of the LONG CHAIN fatty acids of avocado oil and the MEDIUM CHAIN and SHORT CHAIN fatty acids of coconut oil forms a complete pattern of fatty acids particularly suitable to nourish and protect the hydrolipidic film that covers the entire skin.
Fermented extract of Pichia Pastoris. All Cosmetics of the KIROS COSMETICS line contain an innovative fermented extract of Pichia Pastoris, a methylotrophic yeast belonging to the Ascomycetes class. Among yeasts, it is one of the most commonly used substrates for the expression and production of proteins5, in particular human epidermal growth factor (hEGF), which promotes the generation of new epithelial and endothelial cells and stimulates tissue repair6. The extract is also rich in micronutrients, amino acids and proteins all essential for skin trophism. Moreover, the enzymatic fraction contained in it is composed of the enzyme 4-hydroxyproline hydroxylase, which catalyzes the formation of 4-hydroxyproline, a component characteristic of collagen. Therefore, there is an increase in the production of collagen and elastin in the skin. The pool of active ingredients contained in this fermented extract favors the rebalancing of the hydrolipidic film and of the skin microbiota.
1. Naeimifar, A., et al. (2020). Preparation and evaluation of anti-wrinkle cream containing saffron extract and avocado oil. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology
2. Ghayor C, et al.(1999) Avocado unsaponifiables (ASU) the enhance transforming growth factor-β1 (TGF- β1) and collagen expression in cultured dermal fibroblasts. JID, 113, 452.
3. Werman, M. J., et al. (1991). The effect of various avocado oils on skin collagen metabolism. Connective tissue research, 26(1-2), 1-10.
4. Agero, A. L., & Verallo-Rowell, V. (2004). P15 A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra-virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis. Contact Dermatitis, 50(3), 183-183).
5. Karbalaei, M., Rezaee, S. A., & Farsiani, H. (2020). Pichia pastoris: A highly successful expression system for optimal synthesis of heterologous proteins. Journal of cellular physiology, 235(9), 5867-5881.
6. Eissazadeh, S.; Moeini, H.; Dezfouli, M.G.; Heidary, S.; Nelofer, R.; Abdullah, M.P. Production of recombinant human epidermal growth factor in Pichia pastoris. Braz. J. Microbiol. 2017, 48, 286-293. [CrossRef] [PubMed].
The skin microbiota is the set of microorganisms present on the surface of the skin; it constitutes an ecosystem capable of interacting with it and actively participating in the double protective function of the skin, as a physical and immunological barrier:
- By hindering the development of harmful bacteria, generating a hostile environment for their development: bacterial interference.
- By promoting the barrier function through the degradation of surface lipids.
An intact skin microbiota is therefore synonymous with a healthy skin and less sensitive to the action of irritants.
The skin microbiota and the composition of barrier lipids are directly related, the alteration or imbalance of one of the two involves the reduction of the other with a consequent reduction of the protective function of the skin.
In some particular situations (restrictive diets, stress, use of too aggressive detergents ..) we can incur in an alteration of the hydrolipidic film with a consequent imbalance of the skin microbiota. This condition alters the optimal physiological properties, reducing the barrier function and facilitating the onset of inflammation and imbalances.
In the formulation of the Cosmetics of the KIROS COSMETICS line, particular attention has been paid to this aspect by inserting an innovative fermented yeast extract able to prevent this skin problem.
Cleansing is a daily act that is often underestimated. By washing the skin and skin adnexa we remove dirt from the skin, both of exogenous origin (environmental contamination) and endogenous (tissue debris and sebaceous secretions). Since dirt settles on the surface hydrolipidic film, cleansing, in order to be effective, must necessarily remove a part of it.
In the realization of cosmetic cleansers of the KIROS COSMETICS line, particular attention was paid to this aspect by using a formulation strategy that tends to protect the hydro-lipid film by implementing a selective cleansing able to remove dirt while containing the removal of the hydro-lipid surface layer.
These Cosmetic Cleansers therefore wash without impoverishing and, thanks to the presence of active ingredients, favour the rebalancing of the surface skin ecosystem.